THE MDI PROCESS
- Budgetary pricing and pre-engineered considerations are exchanged regarding the building scope
- Agreements by way of Purchase Order, Contract or initial Letter of Intent
- PE Sealed Structural Calculations and Shop Drawings for your State, site specific are provided.
Typically 4-6 weeks
- AOR & EOR review period generating end goal of acceptance.
Typically 1-2 weeks
- Fabrication, pre-assembly, break-down and ready for shipping.
Typically 8-12 weeks
- MDI Representative on site for consultation during the assembly (if needed)
CONTRACTORS MAY CHOOSE TO COMPLETE AS MUCH OF THE EXTERIOR FINISHED BEFORE LIFTING.
Whether using the ALL STEEL or WOOD and STEEL COMBINATION dome system, the labor and safety benefits are substantial knowing our MDI dome is assembled on the ground. Not stick built.
- McCarty Domes makes available an engineer certified structural design/calculation for all 50 states and Canada.
- RISA design check
- McCarty Domes supplies the A/E and GC structural calculations indicating all live, dead and seismic loads during the approval period.
- All MDI fabrications are certified
- MDI calculations calls out anchoring points, welds or fasteners
- EOR takes responsibility for final connections
WHY MCCARTY DOMES?
Early on in 2000 McCarty designed and engineered his first dome in Tucson for his home. It became a building component that could be useful for other builders. In 2002 the DOME KIT was patented & won the SAHBA 2002 First Place Presidential Award given by Southern Arizona Home Builders Association. With now successful projects in 25 states MDI continues to draw on its history of design with proven outcome. MDI feels every new project receives the benefit of what the company has learned. We start from the beginning with your ideas and FYI almost every dome is a “one-off”.
Direct coordination with:
Architect of Record
Engineer of Record
McCarty Domes Inc & Roof Domes LLC is expanding internationally to markets in
Europe, Australia, Caribbean and the Middle-East.
Companies interested in marketing the Roof Dome kit should contact our office to arrange an agreement. To initiate discussion, please forward a corporate profile and letter of intent.
For those in the building materials industry, this is a tremendous opportunity to add a unique architectural element to your product line.
Architects, Designers and General Contractors can contact our offices requesting product information .